- 1 cup washed and dried fresh parsley leaves
- 4 medium or 2 large garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 3-4 lb boneless shoulder roast
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Mince together the parsley and garlic until quite fine. Add a big pinch of salt and some pepper and enough oil to make a slurry. Smear this on and in the lamb - making sure to get it in every nook and cranny. Put the lamb in the roasting pan.
- Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, basting every 30 mins. When the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, crank the heat up to 400 degrees and roast for about 10 mins more, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees and the exterior is browned nicely.
- Let the roast sit and rest for about 10 mins.