Makes 1 loaf. Start to Finish: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil (canola, peanut or regular olive - not extra virgin)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cups grated zucchini
- Turbinado sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the sugar until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients to combine. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the loaf is golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.