3 1/2 oz milk chocolate
2 tablespoons instant espresso
8 tablespoons of butter
4 eggs, at room temp
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Brewdog Tokyo*
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, halved and toasted lightly
- Preheat oven to 180 (Gas mark 4), once hot, pop in the walnuts until just toasted (about 5 minutes).
- Sift together the flour, spices, and cocoa powder.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, espresso and butter in a bowl over boiling water, add the beer and stir to combine, then let cool.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar (white & brown) until thick and shiny.
- Keep beating on low while adding flour mixture and then add the cooled chocolate & beer mix.
- Finish with the vanilla. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Bake for 35 minutes.