One 9-by-5-inch loaf
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup dark-chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla, then mix with a whisk until well combined.
3. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. It should fill the pan a little more than halfway.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Let the bread cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan while it is still warm by inverting it onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving.