SERVES 4, PLUS EXTRA FOR LUNCHES
- About 3 cups (620g) cooked and dressed couscous
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch (3mm) dice
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped preserved lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 cup (75g) crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup (40g) uncooked quinoa, toasted in a pan (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar
1 Fold together the couscous, zucchini, pistachios, preserved lemon, and thyme in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice and olive oil if needed. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
2 The day of: Spoon the couscous into a serving dish, and sprinkle with the feta, quinoa, and za’atar.