- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, from about 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced hot chili such as Thai bird, Serrano, or jalapeño or more to taste
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- Steamed rice for serving
Place the pork and 1/4 cup water in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up any clumps of meat, until the pork is cooked through, about 8 minutes — you don’t want to brown the pork, so lower heat as needed.
Meanwhile, stir together the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl, until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
Add scallions, shallots, and chili to skillet, and cook over low heat just until the vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the sauce, cilantro, and mint, and toss to coat.
Serve the larb with rice on the side.