- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1 pound ground lamb, preferably shoulder
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ English hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 pita bread or flatbreads
- Mixed tender herb leaves (such as cilantro and mint; for serving)
Preparation: active, 30 mins, total: 30 mins
Whisk garlic, almond butter, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Set sauce aside.
Using your hands, gently mix lamb, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, 2 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper in a large bowl just to combine. Form into twelve ¾”-thick patties.
Heat a dry large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, cook patties, pressing slightly to flatten, until browned on the outside but still pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet; let rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss cabbage, cucumber, radishes, and remaining 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Serve lamb patties with pita bread, salad, herbs, and reserved sauce.