Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably sheep’s-milk feta
- 1/4 cup green olives, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
1. In a large saucepan set over high heat, combine the farro with 2 cups cold water. Bring the water to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain the farro and run it under cold water to cool. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooled farro with the peas, feta cheese, olives, sunflower seeds, parsley and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the lemon juice with the olive oil. Mix half of the lemon vinaigrette with the farro salad and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the arugula on a large serving plate and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Spoon the farro salad over the arugula and serve immediately.