Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- 1oz fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 x 6oz skinless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded & thinly sliced
- soy sauce, to serve
Place the lemongrass, ginger and garlic in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
Add the lemongrass mixture and salt and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes.
Place the salmon, in a single layer, on top of the rice mixture, cover and remove the pan from the heat. Allow to stand for 4 minutes. If recipe is halved (for 2 servings), allow to stand for 2 minutes more to compensate for less steam.
Top the pilaf with coriander, basil, green onion, chilli and soy sauce to serve.