- 6oz Sea Bass fillet
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 2 tsp shallots
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
To make the potato salad:
1) First boil your potatoes, for around 5 minutes. You're looking for a blanch.
2) Chop up some parsley, shallots, creme fraiche, then zest a lemon, and add a bit lemon juice.
3) Take them out of the pot and let them cool, and cut them into 4ths.
4) Once the potatoes are cooled, add your seasoning and sour cream.
5) Lightly mix everything together - you want to keep your potatoes intact.
6) Season with salt and pepper
To make the bass:
1) First get a saute pan very hot, and add a bit
2) Season the fish with a bit of salt and pepper
3) Add fish into the pan, skin side down
4) While fish is cooking, crush garlic, and a few sprigs of thyme - these are your basting herbs
5) Add butter to the pan along with your basting herbs
6) Using a spoon, baste your fish with the butter.
7) Plate and enjoy!